Pumpkinvine Trail Map
The Pumpkinvine Nature Trail, the Maple City Greenway and the MapleHeart Trail are a regional network of trails that connect Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury and Shipshewana. The interactive map below is intended assist you when visiting these trails.
Pumpkinvine & Connected Trails
Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury and Shipshewana are connected by three trails totaling 25 miles: MapleHeart Trail, Wilden Avenue Trail and Pumpkinvine Nature Trail. Currently one half mile of trail, between Middlebury and Goshen is on county road.
The trail surface is asphalt except for 1.75 miles of packed limestone surface from SR 5 to CR 28 northeast of Goshen. Four public parks, Oak Ridge Park, Ox Bow Park, Abshire Park and Krider Garden, along the trails provide parking and restrooms.
General Trail Rules & Etiquette
- Trail is open sunrise to sunset.
- No unauthorized motor vehicles, mobility assisted devices are authorized.
- Stop and look for cross traffic at intersections.
- Leave plants and wildlife in their natural settings.
- No hunting or trapping.
- No weapons; with the exception of firearms that may not be discharged.
- Horses are prohibited.
- Pets must be on a leash (maximum six feet), clean up pet waste.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- No littering or disposing of refuse.
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- No fires and camping.
- Stay on the trail and respect the rights and privacy of adjacent neighbors.
- Walk and ride on the right and pass on the left after sounding an alarm.
- Walkers and runners have the right-of-way.
- Be cautious and stay to the right on curves, underpasses, bridges and intersections.
- Do not block the trail.
Class 1Allowed on Trail
Class 2Allowed on Trail
Class 3NOT allowed on Trail
The following businesses rent bicycles for use on the Trail.
Lincoln Avenue Cycling & FitnessGoshen, IN
Lodging & Tourist Information
- MapleHeart Trail
- Maple City Greenway
- Ridge Run Trail
- Pumpkinvine Nature Trail
- Review and approval of events along the trail.
- Implementation and enforcement of trail rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of the trail and trail amenities.
- Maintain adequate liability insurance.
- Volunteer recruitment.
Pumpkinvine Advisory Committee
The managing agencies above and Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail have formed an oversight committee, the Pumpkinvine Advisory Committee, to carryout the following objectives:
- Build consensus on how the trails will be managed and maintained.
- Provide an outlet for communication and evaluation of issues related to the trails.
- Develop consistent approaches and policies for management and maintenance of the trails.
- Identify needed and available resources to manage and maintain the trails.
- Advise and recommend approaches to managing and maintaining the trails.
- Review requests for funding and provide recommendations to the Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail for funding trail projects.
Managing Agencies Responsible for Various Sections of the Trail
Elkhart County ParksCR 28 to US 20 & York Dr. to Elkhart Co. Line
Plan a Trail Event
Scheduling Your Event
- Download the Event Guidelines Checklist.
- Read section 2.0 Applicability & Event Requirements in the Event Guidelines Checklist to determine whether you need to obtain PAC approval for your event.
- If you need PAC approval, check the list of scheduled events below on this page to avoid a possible conflict with another event.
- Follow the instructions in the downloaded document to seek PAC approval. If you need approval for your event, complete the Pumpkinvine Event Registration Form.