Enjoy a leisurely bike ride to an Old Order Amish home for a sample of real Amish cooking. This family-style meal includes: roast beef, chicken, homemade bread, apple butter, real mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade noodles, vegetables, salad with homemade dressing, surprise, desert pie, and coffee.
Other important information about this ride:
· You must also be registered for the Saturday Pumpkinvine Bike Ride. Register at http://pumpkinvine.org/PBR_html/registration.html. Either download the registration form or register online.
· You must registered by May 31, 2012 (no late registrations accepted).
· You can choose to start your ride from Abshire Park or the Shipshewana Flea Market. The ride from Abshire Park will start at 4:45 pm and the ride from Shipshewana Flea Market will start at 5:15 pm.
· Distances are 24 miles, round trip, from Abshire Park and 16 miles, round trip, from Shipshewana.
· Return will be before dark.
· You will ride in several small groups.
· Price per person: $24 (includes tax and tip). Children six and under are $12.
· You should be able to ride for an hour at 10 mph to attempt this ride.
· The last half mile before Miller’s Country Kitchen is on a hard-packed, gravel road.
· If you wear cleated shoes you must remove them for dinner to prevent damage to the linoleum floors.
· In case of rain we will drive to dinner. Parking is limited so we will car pool.