Thanks for your interest! There are a number of ways you can volunteer your time and skills with the Friends.
Board of Directors
Do you have professional or executive level skills, and want to give back to the community? We are seeking Board Members who can commit to 3 year terms and are willing to donate 4-5 hours per month to our organization. To express interest for in any of following open positions, please use the links below and you will be redirected to our online application site.
Openings, Board of Directors | Apply Here
- Communications Director
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Running Advocate
Do you have a skill set that you think would benefit the Friends, and have time to offer? Time commitments vary, depending on the committee type and season. If none of the openings below apply to your particular skill set, feel free to apply anyway! Our needs are constantly changing.
Committee Openings | Apply Here
- Communications Team, writers
PAC (maintenance) Volunteers
The Pumpkinvine Advisory Committee has a volunteer program for interested parties to help with:
- 1) monitoring activities on the trail
- 2) routine trail maintenance
- 3) occasional work such as cleaning up storm damage and special trail enhancement projects.
Projects that volunteers have undertaken in recent years are:
- Sealing cracks in the trail surface.
- Trimming brush along the sides of the trail.
- Planting and maintaining plots of flowers along the trail.
- Clearing fence rows with trail neighbors who request new fences.
For more information about volunteering with the Elkhart County Parks Department or to receive a volunteer application - call the administrative office at 535-6458.