The Pumpkinvine Nature Trail is managed by Goshen Parks and Recreation Department, Elkhart County Parks, Middlebury Parks Department and the Town of Shipshewana. These agencies together with Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail constitute the Pumpkinvine Advisory Council (PAC) which forms policy and management practices for the trail. The trail is a public facility for use by individuals and groups and governed by the trail rules and etiquette.
Purpose of the Trail Event Guidelines
The Pumpkinvine Nature Trail is open to the public and operated for the benefit and enjoyment of all users. Occasionally, groups or individuals may wish to hold a special event on the trail that could reduce the full enjoyment of the trail by others. The Pumpkinvine Nature Trail Event Guidelines and Application outlines the requirements for holding Trail Events.
Scheduling your event
- Download the Event Guidelines Checklist.
- Read section 2.0 Applicability & Event Requirements in the Event Guidelines Checklist to determine whether you need to obtain PAC approval for your event.
- If you need PAC approval, check the list of scheduled events below on this page to avoid a possible conflict with another event.
- Follow the instructions in the downloaded document to seek PAC approval. If you need approval for your event, complete the Pumpkinvine Event Registration Form.
- Quilt Gardens Bike Ride August 22, 2020 at 8:00 am – 11:00 am