Trail managing agencies
Contact information the managing agencies for the MapleHeart Trail, the Maple City Greenway and the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail is presented below:
A map showing the sections of trail administered by each agency is presented at the bottom of this page.
The responsibilities of the managing agencies are:
- Review and approval of events along the trail.
- Implementation and enforcement of trail rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of the trail and trail amenities.
- Maintain adequate liability insurance.
- Volunteer recruitment.
The managing agencies above and Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail have formed an oversight committee , the Pumpkinvine Advisory Committee, to carryout the following objectives:
- Build consensus on how the trails will be managed and maintained.
- Provide an outlet for communication and evaluation of issues related to the trails.
- Develop consistent approaches and policies for management and maintenance of the trails.
- Identify needed and available resources to manage and maintain the trails.
- Advise and recommend approaches to managing and maintaining the trails.
- Review requests for funding and provide recommendations to the Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail for funding trail projects.
Managing agencies responsible for various sections of the trail
The trail map below is available for download in pdf format.