Trail managing agencies
Contact information the managing agencies for the MapleHeart Trail, the Maple City Greenway and the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail is presented below:
A map showing the sections of trail administered by each agency is presented at the bottom of this page.
The responsibilities of the managing agencies are:
- Review and approval of events along the trail.
- Implementation and enforcement of trail rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of the trail and trail amenities.
- Maintain adequate liability insurance.
- Volunteer recruitment.
The managing agencies above and Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail have formed an oversight committee , the Pumpkinvine Advisory Committee, to carryout the following objectives:
- Build consensus on how the trails will be managed and maintained.
- Provide an outlet for communication and evaluation of issues related to the trails.
- Develop consistent approaches and policies for management and maintenance of the trails.
- Identify needed and available resources to manage and maintain the trails.
- Advise and recommend approaches to managing and maintaining the trails.
- Review requests for funding and provide recommendations to the Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail for funding trail projects.
Managing agencies responsible for various sections of the trail