Become a Friends Member
Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail, Inc. purchased the Pumpkinvine railroad corridor in 1993 and donated the land to local park departments when design and engineering were ready for trail construction. Current trail construction projects are complete but there two gaps in the trail where Friends are working to build trail.
While Friends were working on their vision of building the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail, Goshen Parks was building the Maple City Greenway and Elkhart County built the MapleHeart Trail. These projects now connect Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury and Shipshewana with about 25 miles of trail, greatly exceeding Friends original dreams in 1993.
These accomplishments do not finish Friends' work. We are currently engaged in the following activities:
- We organize volunteers to assist with trail monitoring and maintenance.
- We are working to buy land to fill the two gaps in the trail.
- We print brochures and maintain this website, as well as a Facebook page and a blog to inform the public about our trails.
- We organize the annual Pumpkinvine Bike Ride.
- We have exhibits at special events and give presentations to interested organizations to promote trail use.
- We support enhancement projects, such as planting native grasses and flowers, to improve the experience of trail users.
Trails are a wonderful asset to our community. They do not happen without public support. Your donations help us maintain and expand them.
To donate securely online using
your PayPal account or credit card,
click the button below.
or Mail to:
Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail
P.O. Box 392
Goshen, IN 46527
Email: Friends of the Pumpkinvine
Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail, Inc.
is a 501(c) (3) organization. Contributions are tax-deductable.
Friends Membership Benefits
The following bicycle shops give discounts to members of the Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail, Inc. on designated merchandise and/or service.
|Elkhart Bicycle Shop|
|401 Jackson Blvd.||Elkhart||294-7243||Accessories, clothes, parts, labor and bicycles|
|Family Bicycle Center|
|3410 S. Main St.||Elkhart||294-2865||Accessories, clothes and parts|
|Lincoln Avenue Cycling & Fitness|
|430 W. Lincoln Ave.||Goshen||533-7425||Accessories, clothes, parts, labor and bicycles|
|House of Bicycles||10140 McKinley||Osceola||679-4992||Accessories, clothes, parts, labor and bicycles|
|413 N. Main St.||Middlebury||825-2252||Accessories, clothes, parts, labor and bicycles|
A valid membership card must be presented at the time of purchase. The discounts apply only to bicycle related items and not to fitness and other merchandize.